Area & Community Information
Hilton Head is a premier resort island located on the Atlantic Ocean. Preservation of nature is a high priority on Hilton Head Island, so you will see nature preserves and live oaks along your drive onto the island. While here, enjoy the 12 miles of pristine beach, world-renowned golf and tennis facilities, and leisure trails to walk and bike all over the island!
You’ll find residents riding bikes and kayaking any time of year in this active town in addition to dining at some of the South’s most popular restaurants. Real estate options on Hilton Head Island range quite a bit and span from budget-friendly condos to multi-million-dollar luxury estates.
Perfect For: Outdoor Enthusiasts and Nature Lovers
Hilton Head residents of all ages are active year-round. The local landscape and sublime climate make the Island a beautiful place to swim, run and bike. Enthusiasts of watersports will find an abundance of boat rentals that make it easy to head out to open water for some deep-sea fishing or dolphin-watching. Bird lovers will enjoy the many parks and nature trails, while competitive athletes relish the opportunity to partake in a plethora of events from marathons to triathlons, to golf and tennis tournaments. There really is something for people of all ages and physical abilities.
Moving to HHI
When you make the decision to move to Hilton Head Island you are making the decision to live your life on Island time. A dream come true for many, life on Hilton Head Island is at a decidedly slower pace. Life is meant to be savored here, and the salty air and ocean breezes offer a serenity not found in many places. Quite simply, it’s paradise.
Of course, paradise and reality must co-exist, and Hilton Head Island makes that combination a reality. With an abundance of outstanding medical facilities, excellent public and private schools, ample shops to meet all your daily needs, nearly unlimited opportunities for outdoor and indoor recreation, and much more, many folks find they rarely need to leave the Island. When you do need or want to leave, Hilton Head even has its own commercial airport. What more could you ask for?
Welcome to the neighborhood!
Bluffton, which is also referred to as The Mainland, is the area that you drive through on your way to Hilton Head Island. This area includes many shops, art galleries, restaurants and outlet malls. Included in the Bluffton area are communities that are inland and located along the May River and Colleton River. Bluffton is a perfect balance of old and new with our historic district and new home communities.
There are so many fantastic neighborhoods in Bluffton that appeal to all ages. As such, Bluffton consistently ranks as both a top spot to retire and raise a family. Wholesome community events are regularly held and offer something for all ages, including:
• The Bluffton Village Festival – Commonly referred to as “Mayfest,” the Bluffton Village Festival shines a spotlight on local musicians and artisans while celebrating Bluffton’s rich local culture.
• The Shag & Drag – Automobile enthusiasts and music buffs will want to be sure to check out this fantastic classic car show held every June, which also provides outstanding live entertainment.
• The Historic Bluffton Arts & Seafood Festival – This festival takes place during the fall and showcases the Lowcountry’s food of choice: seafood! Other activities include kayak tours, local seafood sampling, a 5K run and an art show.
• The Christmas Parade – Bluffton’s annual Christmas parade is a sight to be seen and an event locals look forward to all year. A wide variety of local and regional parade floats make up this annual parade that takes place in the beginning of December. This is not your average Christmas parade!
Moving to Bluffton
Moving to Bluffton? You’re not alone! Bluffton is the fastest-growing municipality in the entire state of South Carolina and for good reason! Boasting a superb, central location close to Hilton Head Island, Savannah and Charleston, Bluffton also offers residents a high quality of life with an outstanding temperate climate, low crime rate, growing employment opportunities, exceptional public and private schools, and a wide range of housing options.
With a rich history dating back to 1852, Bluffton’s famous “State of Mind” is evident in the everyday. Bluffton’s leadership steadfastly keeps an eye on the past while also insisting on progressive initiatives to ensure resident’s needs are being fulfilled.
With a stunning landscape on the banks of the May River, unmatched historical significance, and every modern convenience easily accessible, it’s no wonder Bluffton is the top choice for so many folks.
Sun City - 55 and over
Sun City Hilton Head is a 55+ residential community, located in Bluffton, SC. Situated between Beaufort and Jasper counties, the 5,000-acre community is the largest planned active adult community in South Carolina. Beautifully landscaped and designed to accommodate every need of its homeowners. Sun City is a premier retirement center offering over $80M in amenities and facilities, including 3 golf courses, 5 swimming pools, 14 tennis courts, a fitness center, and a performing arts center. There are over 100 clubs for our residents to join, so you will find something that will fit your lifestyle!
You’ll Enjoy: Endless Fun and Lowcountry Living
Hilton Head has plenty to offer everyone. There’s so much to do here, in fact, we recommend you take a week to experience the best of the island. If you are coming to Hilton Head to find your vacation or permanent home, why not make a vacation out of the search? Below is a snapshot of just a few activities Hilton Head has to offer:
• Experience pristine, untouched nature. After your morning stroll along the shore, visit Hilton Head’s beautiful nature preserves. A variety of guided tours are available to help you get to know the island via boat or nature trail.
• Lawton Stables at Sea Pine Resort provides the opportunity to horseback ride for a few hours. Younger visitors will love the pony rides and petting zoo.
• Learn more about the local history and culture at the Coastal Discovery Museum. In addition to treating visitors to local tours and historical displays, the museum is surrounded by some of the island’s oldest trees and buildings.
• If you’re like the locals, you can’t get enough of Hilton Head’s gorgeous beaches. Enjoy long days winding down on any of Hilton Head’s beaches. Pack a picnic lunch, plant your umbrella in the sand and sink your toes into the water. We can promise you; this never gets old!
The Lifestyle: Island Paradise
Island residents enjoy some of the best beaches in South Carolina and access to year-round outdoor activities. An alluring healthy lifestyle combined with constant entertainment options, spectacular scenery and outstanding climate has created a perfect environment for young professionals, families, and retirees.
From miniature golf courses like Pirate’s Island to the Sandbox, an Interactive Children’s Museum, there is something for kids of all ages. For us big kids, nights out on the town can be enjoyed at the Jazz Corner, Skull Creek Boathouse and the Lodge Beer and Burger Bar to name a few.
If staying physically and mentally active is a priority, rest assured it’s as easy as it gets in Hilton Head. Tennis is extremely popular, along with golf, yoga, and beachcombing. Hilton Head is famous for its Atlantic coast biking and hiking trails, along with endless local inlets and rivers to explore via kayak. The Island’s nature reserves allow visitors to explore untouched flora and fauna. And at Sea Pines Forest Preserve, visitors can explore a 4,000-year-old Indian Shell Ring which are only found in a few remaining spots along the coast.
• Sea Pines
• Palmetto Dunes
• Port Royal Plantation
• Shipyard Plantation
• Forrest Beach
- Jim Newton
- Dorian Allen
- Cindy Mann
- Paul Lewis
- Ginny Lewis
- Darin Myers
- Frank Lettenberger
- Cheri Sloan
- Michael Delaney